The Learning Commons offers several options for introducing students to our services. Thank you for helping us spread the word!
- Classroom Visit: A Learning Commons staff member can visit a classroom to give an overview of our services and invite students to visit us. This visit will take about 10 minutes and should be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advanced.
- Learning Commons Tour: You can arrange a time to bring your students by the Writing Center’s main office in Hege Library for a quick tour. A staff member will show the students our space and some of our resources and explain how to make appointments, as well as answer students’ questions.
- Event Participation: You can request that a Learning Commons staff member represent our office at a large campus event. One or two of our staff members will be present at the event to greet students and families, describe our services, and answer questions.
- Instructor Consultation: The Learning Commons staff can consult with instructors about writing-related concerns such as designing clear and effective writing assignments, responding to student writing, and strategies for working with students whose first language is not English. We’d be happy to spend time helping you with these or other writing-related concerns.
- Alumni Services: The Learning Commons tutoring and academic coaching services are also available to Guilford alumni at no extra charge. We can help with resumes, personal statements, applications, as well as compositions being considered for publication.
To request one of these options, please submit this
As always, please note that students should not be required to visit the Learning Commons or offered extra credit or deadline extensions for doing so; if you would like more information about this policy, please contact Learning Commons Director Melissa Daniel at email@example.com or 336.316.2946.
If you encounter any problems, please call us at 336.316.2253 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org