Hege Library will not knowingly order any edition of a required textbook through Interlibrary Loan for the following reasons:
- Materials borrowed through Interlibrary Loan are intended to supplement required course content by providing access to scholarly materials not owned by Hege Library. These services are not intended for ordering required textbooks.
- Purchasing textbooks is considered the responsibility of the student.
- Interlibrary Loan services do not meet student needs for ordering textbooks.
- The process of borrowing a textbook can take up to several weeks, leaving the requester without a text for an extended period of time.
- Loan periods are set by lending libraries and do not allow students to keep a textbook for an entire course.