Once you've created your account, you can download the Zotero application to your machine, and sync it with your account:
- Download Zotero and the browser connector of your choice at https://www.zotero.org/download/. The connector will add a Zotero button to your browser toolbar - make sure this appears.
- Note: for Zotero to work correctly, you will need to use Firefox, Chrome, or Safari (Mac) as your browser. If you do not already have one of these installed, please install Firefox (https://www.mozilla.org/firefox) or Chrome (https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/) beforehand. There is no connector available for Edge.
- If you are running Safari 13, there is a known incompatibility issue, and the Zotero connector will not work for you at this time. Zotero is working on a fix. Download another browser and its connector instead.
- Open Zotero on your computer.
- Go to the Zotero application preferences page.
- On a PC: click “Edit” then “Preferences”
- On a Mac: click “Zotero” (in your top computer menu bar) then “Preferences”
- Go to the “Sync” tab and log yourself in using the account information you have just created. Then click the sync button (green arrow on the top right-hand side ).